Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Jinx

I checked the news this morning and it turns out that one of Orbital's rockets crashed this morning a few minutes into launch.

http://www.cnn.com/2009/TECH/space/02/24/nasa.launch/index.html

Although things like this are never funny, I do have to mention the irony of the situation. As many of you know, I was in Arizona last week interviewing with their Launch Systems Group. One of the questions I asked them during my interview was if they personally worked on a mission that had had a major a failure. Every one of the people that I asked commented on how they had never been on anything that had failed during mission and that the track record at Orbital was extremely good.

I think I jinxed them...

2 comments:

misskate said...

Is that different than the NASA satellite that crashed early this morning?

enginerd said...

Its the same thing. Orbital is the company that provided the launch vehicle.