Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Career Fairs

I'm going to take a moment to vent...

You get up in early in the morning to dress all fancy. You put make-up on, you walk around all day in heels and you take 30 minutes away from you study time to check and recheck your resume. You then decide skip your favorite class (in my case, ballet) so that you have enough time to make it to all the company booths that you are interested in. Then when you get there, you say the same 30 sec intro of yourself a gazillion times and start to hand them your resume only to have them say "We don't want your resume. Please go online and submit it into our system." Grrrrrrr....

What a waste of time!!! Not only our time but theirs as well! There should be some kind of law that prevents people from wasting others time. All that time I spent preparing my speeches, looking nice, and taking twice as long to get places because of the the dumb heels would have been better spentin front of my computer online in my p.j.'s submitting resume after resume with the same end result.

I'm done.

1 comment:

Chalene said...

I loved the last line: "I'm done". Very good conclusion to tie it all together!