Sunday, July 13, 2008

lions and tigers and BEARS...

I hiked Red Mountain yesterday which is the mountain right behind my house. When I got to the top a couple things happened. I found a bunch of people jumping off the mountain... with parachutes of course. I stood around wishing I had lots of money but of course I don't so I had to walk down the mountain on my own two feet.

But before I did, I decided to explore the nearby road and see where it would lead. As I was walking I came across a cell phone tower, so I decided it would be a good time to call my dad and check in and see how the 'fam' was doing. After I had walked and talked for about a half mile I turned a corner and there on the side of the road was a mother bear and her two cubs not 150 ft in front of me!!!! I was stunned and blurted out to my dad, "Oh my gosh! There's a bear!" Thankfully, as soon as she saw me and I saw her she turned ran the other way with her cute little bear cubs hopping after her. I suddenly decided that it was the perfect time to turn around. Now the kicker... I had been carrying my camera in my hand the whole way up. But when I decided to call my dad, I put it in my pack. Therefore, I have no pictures to share with you. I'm bummed, but I'm still really happy that I saw them. :)



I also had family visit me on their way from Blanding to Colorado Springs. My brother-in-law Kelly, his parents, his niece and my two little nephews stopped by. It was fun to see them.

2 comments:

misskate said...

OH MY!!!

Heh.. pictures or no pictures, it's very exciting! This sounds like such a fabulous, outdoorsy summer.. I'm a little jealous of you and your mountain adventures :)

Unknown said...

Wow the boys have gotten big since I last saw pics. Happy you had a good outing