Saturday, July 26, 2008

Birthdays

My birthday isn't for another 2 days but I've been telling people my new age almost a month now. It seems my mind thinks it turned 25 as soon as the Forth of July has passed. Or maybe its just that July is my birthday month and therefore I turn 25 as soon as we enter into its paradisical haven every year. After all, native americans and whomever else who didn't have advanced Astronomy throughout history labeled themselved by seasons. So I could say I'm 25 winters old (or summers since I like them better). Afterall, what do a couple dozen days really account for, right?

Finding an apartment is turning out to be a nightmare. I'll be adopting George this year--an old roommates dog-- in order to prevent him from disappearing in a pound. So the challenge lies in trying to find a place that welcomes both of us. The idea of being homeless in a little over 2 weeks is not a pleasant thought. It adds incentive.

NOTE: 285 days until graduation...

1 comment:

amy hughes said...

Happy birthday one day early!! And cool about taking in George.